9.18.2005

The Still, Small Voice...

Ah...peace, stillness...the quiet!

Last night I went to bed listening to the masterful music of Mendelssohn's oratorio, Elijah, Op. 70. And even though I have performed this piece, and heard it countless additional times, something sticks out new each time I listen to it...Last night, it was the section of music representing the "still, small voice of God," coming to Elijah in the wake of the earthquake and fire. Amazing how such might and power can come in that "still, small voice." I went to sleep thinking about that, with that portion of music re-playing over and over in my head...It was with a purpose, I found out this morning.
Our church building talks, speaks, creaks, moves...all of the above. And just a few minutes ago, slightly before 6am, as I was walking from the A/V booth back to my office in the large, dark, worship center, I was reminded of just the power God speaks to us with in that still small voice. May we all remember that God's voice doesn't come in the loud roars always...we need to often just stop and listen for the "still, small voice" of God.

"When the oceans rise and thunders roar...
I will soar with you above the storm.
Father, You are king over the flood.
I will be still, and know you are God..."

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

By the way ... you're welcome and glad you like. (followed you from BST's blog.)

mt said...

Hey D.J. hope you are doing well! Glad to see you are blogging!

Tapie

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States