9.05.2005

Finally Doing Church

I know it has been a long while since I have posted...
But I have to brag!
The North Davis Church found out some time friday afternoon that we had been selected and approved by the Red Cross to house hurricane victims...Well, less than 30 hours after that call came, so came 131 displaced New Orleans Citizens. Words are not enough to say what began to happen from Abilene, to Tyler, and from people across Arlington, people, to the tune of about 500 volunteers in addition to our church family, began to come out of the woodwork. From Doctors, to an unemployed Chef (You Go Eddie!), to social workers to paramedics to countless others...you have been Jesus! You have answered the call of God! You have all said "Here am I, Send me!"
Finally, so many of us feel like we are actually doing church! Lives have changed, and by that I mean not just those who are now members of our quite large North Davis Famiily, I mean mine, ours those of us who have been touched by people like Melvin Taylor, and Chef Eddie, Rashard (who i just got demolished by on Playstation2), Allen and Allen, Lettie, and many many others whose attitudes have been unbelievable! My life will never be the same! I will try to update daily!

In the meantime, we are in need! We need towels, sheets, washcloths, clothes for extra large (3 4 5 and 5x and 6x) for Large men and women...Socks!!! Toiletries, you name it--and we need it! Pray for us that we would be the missional church God is using us to be right now and that it would change the hearts of our church family forever!
The North Davis Church are beinx exactly what God calls the church on earth, the kingdom on earth to be! The Hands and Feet of Jesus...Reaching people from Jerusalem, from Judea to Samaria to the ends of the earth!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had a feeling I might find an update when I checked here today. I heard about yall this morning on the Kidd Kraddick show. He was really talking yall up. Way to go! As terrible as this hurricane thing has been, it has been an excellent opportunity to really be Jesus. I'm planning to update tonight, as well, to talk about my experience with it. Kudos to ND!

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States