7.26.2004

It is not about me...never has been, never will be!

This last week has been a very good one spiritually for me.  Wrapped up my first stint of speaking on Wednesday evenings...and I have discovered that that time of sermon preparation has been very enriching for me.  This last week I spent some time talking with by best friend Kevin about Psalm 107 as I prepped for the message.  Couple that with my beginning reading Max's new book "It's Not About me."  Whats all that to say?  When we find ourselves, like the fourth group giving their testimony in Psalm 107:23-32, in situations that we have gotten ourselves into where the waves are soaring above our heads, we gasp for air, thinking we can get ourselves out of this proverbial pickle, we realize that it isn't about us, and that it never has been about us or anything we can do.  We can no more die for our own sin than we can solve the world's hunger problem.  God has been so incredibly good to us...blessing us by taking us out of the calamities of life we get ourselves into, hearing us cry out for help, rescuing and saving us...then, we are to respond by telling the whole world of the healing, redeeming, saving, powerful message of God!

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States