7.14.2004

Reflecting on the Benefits of God

This week I am speaking from Psalm 103. After reading and re-reading this psalm over and over, a couple of things come to my mind. Firstly, who ever gave anyone the right to complain? IF you read this psalm between vs 3 and 19, David lists off a mere 17, yes SEVENTEEN, "benefits of God." David, whether he meant to or not, in this song he wrote to be sung in tabernacle worship of the people of Israel all but undresses those who come to worship with this selfish attitude of "It's all about me..." And secondly, God is good, all the time! I thought that phrase was so trivial a year ago. But if you read this psalm, and you see your place in relation to a God who has redeemed, healed, forgiven, renewed, loved, and grace-covered you, how can you even begin to think that GOd is not a god who is eternally, unutterably good!!

"Bless the Lord, O my Soul...and all that is within me, bless His holy name"

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States