5.18.2007

This Week Sucks




This week sucks...for multiple reasons. I will begin with the lesser reasons for sucking and proceed to that which is greater suckage.

Firstly...
Allow me to quote Dallas Sports Radio personality Randy Galloway. "Well, here we are, wasting away in loserville." Let's reflect a bit. Cowboys: dropped hold in a sure win playoff game...Thank's Tony!...Stars: another first round exit...Thanks Coach Tippett, Marty Turko, and of course, everyone's favorite owner, Tom Hicks...Mavs: where do I begin...First round exit (by the dad gum GS Warriors of all people...) Dirk's tear-laced MVP acceptance speech, followed by an awkward man-hug of a crying Mark Cuban...OUCH: and finally my beloved Rangers: swept by the TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS who can't beat anyone, and thus, the Rangers are now 15-26, yes, that's right, 11 games under .500. I am not sure Ron Washington, new manager who is also on the DL with all of the other Ranger players, will ever see a .500 record as manager...We should just fire him now, let Art Howe take over and clean house.

Secondly, to top it all off, this week begins the downward two-week descent of Bob Barker's 50 Years on Television, 35 of which were spent on HANDS DOWN, the Greatest Game Show, EVER, The Price is Right! This week, two prime time specials, as well as a host of classic non-TPIR re-runs on GSN have made it a bit easier for me to swallow. Over the last year, I have created email relationships with the show's producer, Roger Dobkowitz, a classy guy, and the announcer for the last 3 years, Rich Fields, also a great guy. Never have got to meet the legend himself, perhaps someday, but my dream of seeing him in person is coming crashing to an end like a Russian Spaceship. I can still always dream. And, plus, there are all of those hours upon hours of Barker-laden VHS tapes that I have collected over the years...legally of course. And, unofficially according to a source close to The Price is Right (that I cannot mention here for fear of criminal retribution) tells my sources that perhaps around Christmas time of this year there may be the first installment of TPIR on DVD...we can only pray!




2 comments:

head of the herd said...

Good news! You have made it to the end of the week and are still alive!
BEcause of the length between posts, you are still whining over spilled milk....
now on TPIR, while you may never meet Bob, but who knows...you have had breakfast with Tom Kennedy and I think have a Rod Roddy autograph (thanks to his aunt who volunteered in the gift shop!)
Wish I was there to offer you a kleenex...or a little cheese!

emily said...

I totally hear you on The Price is Right... it's been there on CBS since my childhood! I never made it to a taping, or got to "come on down" :( I hope you're doing well otherwise.

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States