4.13.2005

Happy Wednesday!

So, about 3 years ago, as I was on a spring break trip to Seattle, same trip I met Sarah on as a matter of fact, I heard one of the most deep impacting sermons I have ever heard by Milton Jones at the Northwest Church. He was kicking off a series on "The Seven Deadly Sins." And he was talking about pride...and how convicting it was! Tonight, we begin that same series here at North Davis in OASIS, our Wednesday evening worship time, I stole the title from Highland...sorry Mike! I hope and pray that it will help bring some things to the surface that we often refuse to talk or even think about! I rarely do something like this, I guess its the ACU influence shining through, but here is a quote from Ed Young Jr. of Fellowship Church in Grapevine...
"The temptation to sin exists at every turn of our lives. The seven deadly sins are part of our interior landscape becuase of our 'fallen' human nature! If these sins are allowed to exist and grow in us, they can overtake us, overwhelm us, and destroy us from the inside out!"
Pride, anger, envy, slothfulness, lust, gluttony and greed!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Big SMiLE for DJ! <3 SaraH

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States