8.25.2004

Tomorrow is here!

Tomorrow is a day I have awaited for a long time. I am traveling, along with one of my colleagues at North Davis, over to First Baptist Euless to hear a man considered to be one of the top worship theologians and scholars in North America, a man I admire very much and respect greatly, Robert Webber. In light of this, I was familiarizing myself with some of his writings again and came across this quote of his. Chew on this thesis, and read Revelation, then, see what you think.

"The emphasis of biblical and ancient God-directed worship is ultimately about the victory of God over all the powers of evil. In worship we remember God's saving acts in history, and we anticipate the consummation of God's rescue at the end of history. "

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States