2.28.2006

Happy February 28th!

Have you ever noticed that even though teachers slammed and crammed into our brains that this month is supposed to be pronounced "Feb-roo-eh-ree" we usually only refer to it as such on the first or second day and then we fall right back into our "Feb-you-aree" pronunciation? It was obviously not a Texan who named this month!

Well, I just got back from a swift, but exciting musical vacation to New York City! What a blast!
Thursday: NY Philharmonic, with Soprano Dawn Upshaw
Friday: Yale University presents "Marriner Conducts Mozart" (THIS DAY included the highlight of my musical career in getting to spend a few minutes one on one with who some regard as the greatest Mozart Conductor of our time, Sir Neville Marriner, and I have a picture to prove it! As soon as I can learn to post pics, you can be certain it will be seen here...
Saturday morning: Sight Seeing
Sat. afternoon: Metropolitan Opera, second row, for Saint Saens' "Samson et Dalila"
(And after enough high-brow entertainment...)
Sat. Evening: Monty Python's SPAMALOT
Sunday and Monday: More sight-seeing (2 hour outside bus tour in 22 degree weather w/5 degree wind chill, I still can't feel my legs! Empire State Building, Staten Island Ferry/Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge [which I walked], Ground Zero, St. Patrick's Cathedral)

It was quite a trip!
Missed my Meghan though...Glad to be home, miss the Cold weather!

2 comments:

Darren Duvall said...

Glad to see you're blogging. So am I.

Glad to know you're doing so well. Our church in Longview (Alpine CoC) is having our mostly-annual teaching program called 'Praise 6' (last year was Praise 5, two years before it was Praise 3 -- I think you can figure out the naming convention). The praise team uses this as an opportunity to sing new worship songs to people interested in learning them, both from our own church and from the community.

As fate (and good taste) would have it, we're introducing our church to a beautiful song that I've been trying to get them to sing for two years called 'In Christ Alone', arranged by a certain 'DJ Bulls'. Marci and I gave out tiny yelps of happiness when we saw your name in the top right corner, but not yelps of surprise. :) We always knew you had it in you, kiddo! Now, we'll send you another list of songs so you can crank out 4-part for us...in all of your spare time. Heh.

Drop me a line on my blog, and we'll get back in touch.

Love you, Man.

Darren

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

i hate you and your trip to nyc.

when are you going to post a pic of you and megan. i'm excited to see balls, i mean dj's new girl!
remember when alison crosby called you balls. oddly enough, that is my new nickname among the roommates. molls balls.

About Me

Arlington, Texas, United States